Pacific Tide Rolling In
- Title: Pacific Tide Rolling In
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Olympic National Park
- Nearest Town: La Push
- Brief Directions: Take 101 north of Olympic National Park toward the coast. Get off on La Push Road and head towards the town of the same name. The trailhead, which you'll find a couple minutes before you reach the town, begins a mile long hike through the temperate rainforest that will lead you to the rugged coastline and to Second Beach.
- GPS Longitude: 47.89045
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This photograph was taken on Second Beach in Olympic National Park. It's a beautiful, secluded location that is well worth the hike to view. I released the shutter moments before the cold water swept past my feet. It's amazing how fast the Pacific tides roll in on the Washington Coast. Within just a couple minutes, the water was lapping well over my knees.
- Gear: Canon 5d, Tokina 12-24mm, Manfrotto 190x ProB, Manfrotto tripod head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 523 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!