Fern Canyon Hike
- Title: Fern Canyon Hike
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
- Nearest Town: Orick, CA
- Brief Directions: From Highway 101, three miles north of Orick, turn west on Davison Road. The dirt, washboard road (suitable only for vehicles under 24 feet in length) descends logged slopes and through second-growth redwoods to the beach. The road heads north along Gold Bluffs Beach. One and a half miles past the campground, the road dead-ends at the Fern Canyon Trailhead.
- GPS Longitude: 124
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The accent on the Fern Creek trail into the ridge trail at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, California. The natural "S:" curve and vanish point grabbed the attention of my wife and she directed the shot as my kids played in the stream during this wonderful hike along California's wild North Coast.
- Gear: Canon 1D MkIII and 24-70mm f/2.8L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 503 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!