Great Salt Lake "monet"
- Title: Great Salt Lake "monet"
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rozel Bay, northern end of the Great Salt Lake
- Nearest Town: Corinne
- Brief Directions: 15 unpaved (and progressively worse) miles from Golden Spike National Historic Site, west of Brigham City, Utah (and I-15), via the small railroad/farming community of Corinne and Golden Spike National Historic Site (the paved road ends at the site).
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: As the Great Salt Lake retreated in summer's heat, it left behind a pocked lakebed in this bay just west of artist Robert Smithson's "Spiral Jetty," at Rozel Point. This was taken from the Rozel hilltop, looking west. For a true sense of size: The black dots are boulders.
- Gear: Nikon D70, telephoto lens; high-clearance vehicle!
This Photo Has Been Viewed 293 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!