- Title: Poppies
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mojave Desert
- Nearest Town: Lancaster
- Brief Directions: From the city of Lancaster head west on hwy 138 toward the Antelope Valley California State Reserve. There are many roads crisscrossing the area, avoid private land.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: In the high deserts of california and amazing thing happens each spring. The dry, barren, drab desert comes alive with color. The California Golden Poppy is the most abundant of the colorful display.
- Gear: Cannon camera and lens, fuji film, nikon coolscan V
This Photo Has Been Viewed 381 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!