- Title: Serenity
- State/Province/Region: Alabama
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Downtown Prattville
- Nearest Town: Prattville
- Brief Directions: Fom I-65 take the Millbrook/Wetumpka exit onto Highway 14. Turn left on 14 and keep going straight until you hit the second traffic light. Take a left at the light and turn right onto Main St. (the next traffic light) Keep going straight until you see the cotton mill.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Calm befor the storm. A typical winter day in central Alabama with an overcast sky of fluffy cottonball shaped clouds blanketing the sky. Tough a perfect day to take some unique photos. The Cottonmill Dam in the background was once owned by Daniel Pratt, who was a very wealthy man here in Alabama. Builty back in the mid 1800's around the time of the Civil War the building and dam the stil resides. A section of the mill encountered a horrific fire back in 2001 accidently set by a couple kids. The fire, seen from Montgomery, AL (about 20 miles away) burned for about a week before dieing down. Fornately the building was unused but unfornately it was a historic landmark. The firefighters were unable to put out the fire because of a concentrated oil build up over the years when the janitors mopped the floors. The oil would reignite the fire making it impossible to put out.
- Gear: Nikon D80, 18-55mm Standard lens, polorizing filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 364 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!