- Title: Transient Light
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Caliente-Bodfish Historical Highway
- Nearest Town: Caliente
- Brief Directions: From Bakersfield, take highway 58 east approximately 20 miles to the Caliente exit. The exit is on the left.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Caliente-Bodfish road winds and curves across mountain terrain dotted with numerous Blue Oaks and carpeted with spring wildflowers. Along the way are historic towns and landmarks. Much of the route travels in the shadow of the Piute Mountains. Topping out at 8400 feet elevation, they are the highest mountains in the Southern Sierra Nevada.
- Gear: Pentax K10D, Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1262 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!