- Title: Spring Peace
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Wind Wolves Preserve
- Nearest Town: Maricopa
- Brief Directions: From Bakersfield, go south on Old River Road until it dead ends at Highway 166. Turn right or west towards Maricopa. After 1.8 miles you will see a large brown sign on the left. Turn left onto the access road and continue for 3 miles to the entrance.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Wind Wolves Preserve is owned by the Wildlands Conservancy. At 97,000 acres, it is the largest nonprofit preserve on the west coast. It is home to 200 Tule Elk, the endangered San Joaquin Kit Fox and the Spotted Leopard Lizard. The primary mode of travel within the preserve is by foot or mountain bike.
- Gear: Pentax K10D, Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
This Photo Has Been Viewed 536 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!