- Title: Byodo-in-temple, Hawaii
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Kaneohe
- Brief Directions: From Waikiki Take the Pali Highway over the mountains to Kamehameha Highway using the Kaneohe exit continue to the H-3 past the Likelike Highway. Past Windward community College. Travel another three miles and make a left turn onto Ave of the Temples, Which is the main road through the Valley of the temples Memorial Park. The Byodo-in Temple is at the end of this road.
- GPS Longitude: -157.83475
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Byodo-In Temple was built in the 1960's to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the arrival of the first Japanese immigrant workers in Hawaii who came to work in the sugar plantation fields. It is a replica of the 950-year-old Byodoin Temple located in Uji, Japan on the southern outskirts of Kyoto.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 230 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!