- Title: Prusik Peak
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alpine Lakes Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Leavenworth
- Brief Directions: The Upper Enchantment Lakes are reached from the Icicle Creek Road trailhead near Leavenworth, Washington. A permit is required and can be obtained from the ranger station in Leavenworth. The hike in is a strenuous 11 miles and 5,400 feet elevation gain, but is also a beautiful one.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Enchantments Lakes area in the Cascade Mountains is a wonderland for photograpers, especially in the fall when the western larch trees turn golden yellow. This area has granite peaks and clear alpine lakes and watrerfalls. Pictured here is Prusik Peak, one of many granite peaks in this area. The best time is typically the last week of September through mid October.
- Gear: Canon 5D, TS-R 24/3.5L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 876 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!