- Title: Eddy
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Minnesota's North Shore of Lake Superior
- Nearest Town: Grand Marais
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I spent the better part of 3 hours hiking up this gorge to reach this waterfall, stopping to take pictures periodically of course! I had visited this waterfall about a month prior to making this image; but I went back hoping there was fall foliage with great coloration. The coloration was mediocre, but the White Cedars had lost some needles which were trapped in this eddy to the side of the waterfall. A much needed surprise due to the disappointment in the areas colors! It is one of Minnesota's gems and by far the most photogenic rivers I have visited in this state and remains my favorite to date!
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 II, Gitzo Tripod, StudioBall Head, B+W Circular Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2625 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!