A River Runs Around It...
- Title: A River Runs Around It...
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Calgary
- Nearest Town: Banff
- Brief Directions: To get here it is a short drive West on the Hwy 1 from Banff townsite and then a short right 10 minutes out of town along the scenic Bow Valley Parkway towards Castle Junction and Lake Louise. The Canyon is situated approx. half way on the drive to Lake Louise and is marked with a campground and services. The actual location of the Grotto is off trail and Parks Canada asks that trekkers stay on the trail as the drop is 50 feet straight down to the river.
- GPS Longitude: 115
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This is the Johnson Canyon Grotto and Waterfall in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. Banff is Canada's first National Park. It started in 1883 with the discovery of the Cave and Basin site.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark III, 16-35mm EF 2.8 L II, Circular Pol, ND 8, remote
This Photo Has Been Viewed 717 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!