Gulf Fritillary On Aster
- Title: Gulf Fritillary On Aster
- State/Province/Region: South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Hilton Head Island
- Brief Directions: The refuge is located in Beaufort County, South Carolina and is 1/2 miles west of Hilton Head Island off of U.S. Highway 278. The island is bounded by Skull Creek (the Intracoastal Waterway) on the east, Mackay Creek on the west, and its northern tip faces Port Royal Sound. From I-95, take SC Exit 8 east towards Hilton Head Island approximately 16 miles to the entrance gate on the left.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Pinckney Island NWR is a wonderful example of coastal Carolina habitat. It's small and easily covered by bike while closed to cars. Their native plant butterfly garden is wonderful and maintained by volunteers.
- Gear: Olympus E510, Zuiko 70-300
This Photo Has Been Viewed 344 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!