- Title: Rain And Rust
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Denio, NV
- Brief Directions: From Denio, Nevada, take Highway 140 about 27 miles to the Virgin Valley/Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge exit. Drive about four miles.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I was camping in a tent in the area in springtime. A thunder storm woke me at 4:30 in the morning. Lightning was striking very nearby, and, not wanting to be hit, I got in my vehicle and set out to take pictures in the rain.
The sun broke through the clouds and rain for a moment to reveal this stunning sight.
- Gear: Canon Rebel Xsi, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 425 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!