Storm Coming My Way - Hopi Point, South Rim- Grand Canyon National Park
- Title: Storm Coming My Way - Hopi Point, South Rim- Grand Canyon National Park
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon Village
- Brief Directions: After entering the park, park in the Bright Angel Lodge parking area and hop one of the shuttles that take the Hermit Road route to Hermits Rest. Hopi Point view area is the 5th stop along the route. Except for certain limited times of the year, cars are not allowed along this route, so your choices are to either take the shuttle bus, or hike the South Rim Trail to this view area.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This shot was taken at Hopi Point along the South Rim of the park, just before I hopped a shuttle to go to the next view area. A storm was brewing and heading my way, and the clouds were pillowy and created alot of light- and shadow-play that I thought would be better brought out as a black and white photo.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35mm lens, 4-stop grad ND filter, Silver Efex Pro software for bw conversion
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1082 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!