- Title: Cholla Sunburst
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Joshua Tree National Park
- Nearest Town: Joshua Tree
- Brief Directions: Located in Cholla Cactus Garden area in Joshua Tree National Park, along Pinto Basin Road. Park maps will show this location.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This very tall cholla cactus stood triumphantly in the baking sun, defying anyone to even try to get near it without feeling the pain of its thousands of barbed spikes. To get the shot with the sun bursting through its branches, I had to very carefully get down low and make sure to avoid its babies -- tennis ball sized rolling cacti that like to stick to even my tripod legs. This was a stunning example of Mother Nature's adaptability to the harsh desert climate in one of North America's most beautiful national parks.
- Gear: Nikon D60
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1915 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!