Moon Set At Whitney Portal - Mount Whitney, Lone Pine, California
- Title: Moon Set At Whitney Portal - Mount Whitney, Lone Pine, California
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Owens Valley
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine
- Description: Jim & I recently took at extended trip along the eastern Sierras and into Death Valley National Park. First, we spent a day in Lone Pine. Where we explored the Alabama Hills and the various mountains peaking out of storm clouds. After our first sunrise, we hung around the trail head to mount Whitney before driving north to Bishop. Quickly, we realized that we were lucky that the moon was going to set above Mount Muir and the Keeler Needle. Maybe next time, the moon will be full... oh well.
This is the first of many images from our eastern Sierras and Death Valley getaway. Stay Tuned.
Nikkor 70-300mm @ 200mm
f/16 for 1/40s
Singh-Ray LB Color Combo
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 70-300mm, Singh-Ray LB Color Combo
This Photo Has Been Viewed 296 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!