- Title: Thirsty Gentoo Penguin
- Country: South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Nearest Area: Antarctic
- Nearest Town: South Georgia
- Brief Directions: The only way to see these amazing animals is by taking a cruise from Ushuaia, Argentia.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Gentoo Penguin relies on snow for fresh water. This was an unusual shot that I was lucky enough to acquire.
The only way I was able to take photos that maximizes the whites of the animal, snow, ski and dark background is to shoot in manual mode.
- Gear: Nikon D3, Nikor 24-70 mm, f2.8 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 328 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!