East Pointe Lighthouse
- Title: East Pointe Lighthouse
- State/Province/Region: New Jersey
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cumberland County
- Nearest Town: Heislerville
- Brief Directions: From Highway 47 just east of Delmot, take Glade Road (Highway 616) west towards Heislerville. Near Heislerville Glade Road will become East Point Road. Follow East Point Road to its end at the mouth of the Maurice River, where you will find the East Point Lighthouse.
- GPS Longitude: 75
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Although several lighthouses have stood along the edge of the Delaware Bay, East Point is the last one remaining on the Jersey side. The lantern room offers a panoramic view of the surrounding land and water and is a favorite subject of artists. In the spring, you can observe the annual migration of thousands of shore birds, especially in late May when the horseshoe crabs come ashore to lay eggs.
- Gear: Rollei 6008 body, Schneider 80mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 218 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!