Polaris At White Pockets
- Title: Polaris At White Pockets
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Vermillion Cliffs
- Nearest Town: Kanab
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Traveling to White Pockets is no trivial task. It's about 20 miles oversand....located in the general area of Coyote Buttes.
This image is a star trails shot composed of over 350 30-second exposures captured over approximately 3 hours on a frigid evening this past October.
Setting up in a place this remote and wild required a good bit of scouting...and some significant planning to assure that both the foreground composition and trails would be positioned as they ended up.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 17-35mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 657 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!