Breathless - Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe
- Title: Breathless - Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Tahoe
- Nearest Town: Incline Village
- Brief Directions: Sand Harbor State Park is near Incline Village on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. Park in the boat launch because they lock the park entrance at sunset
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Lake Tahoe has many beautiful places along its shores, but for me Sand Harbor is at the top of the list. The way the white granite boulders merge with the beautifully clear, turquoise water is simply incredible. On this night I was shooting a sunset that started off without a bang. In fact it was so boring I began to pack up my gear to leave. But as I turned around to head back to the car, the clouds to the northeast began to light up with beautiful pink and purple hues. Tearing my camera back out of my bag I set up a composition which highlighted the clarity of the water, the white granite, and the reflection of the beautiful light show happening above the mountains in front of me. With the beauty of the scene, and a complete lack of any wind, it seemed as though Tahoe and I were both left breathless.
- Gear: Nikon D300s, Tokina 12-24, manfrotto tripod, acratech ballhead, lee sfot GND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 320 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!