Pima Point Storm, South Rim, Grand Canyon Np
- Title: Pima Point Storm, South Rim, Grand Canyon Np
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon Village
- Brief Directions: Upon entering Grand Canyon National Park, head toward the Bright Angel Lodge parking lot. From there, take one of the many shuttles that drive along Hermit Road and get off at the Pima Point stop. Cars are not allowed on the road except during certain times of the year, so if you don't take the shuttle, then your only other recourse is to hike the 7-mile South Rim trail to the viewing area.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was on the shuttle heading toward Hermits Rest on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Intuition told me to hop off at the Pima Point viewing area, the last stop prior to Hermit's Rest. I set up my tripod and took photos as the rain storm headed toward my way. That sliver of river below is the Colorado River.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35mm lens, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 268 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!