Hopi Point, South Rim, Grand Canyon Np
- Title: Hopi Point, South Rim, Grand Canyon Np
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon Village
- Brief Directions: Drive through the park to Grand Canyon Village. Park at the Bright Angel Lodge and take one of the shuttles that drive along Hermit Road. Hopi Point view area is the 5th stop along the shuttle route. Cars are not allowed along the road for most of the year, so you must either take the shuttle system or hike the South Rim Trail to get to this area.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This photo was taken during a break in the snowy weather during late autumn while staying on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon National Park. This is the scene from Hopi Point, one of my favorite viewing areas. The morning had been blustery and snowing but by 10AM it was sunny with pillowy clouds and a strong wind. I thought this shot would look good converted to black and white to emphasize the nuances in light, shadow, and texture that a color photo sometimes misses.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 16-35mm lens, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 318 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!