- Title: Frozen Titan
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Taughannock State Park
- Nearest Town: Ulysses
- Brief Directions: Go to Taughannock State Park in Ulysses, NY. Park, take the GORGE trail to the end.
- GPS Longitude: -76.61003833
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: One of the tallest waterfalls east of the Rockies. The Cataract at Taughannock State Park. The snow drift in the picture at it's peak reaches over 100ft thick. Seen here at 50ft. Such a unique waterfall in that it creates it's own "snow storms" seen here as mist or fog, it is actually snow. The wind whips round the cataract, lowering the temperature enough that the mist freezes then falls as snow building the mound.
- Gear: Sony DSLT A55
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1091 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!