- Title: Hawk, Leaving
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rural Henderson County
- Nearest Town: Little York
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: At the end of a long day behind a desk, I was driving home to my small farm. About a mile from the mailbox, I came across this Red Tail Hawk sitting on a metal fence post, clearly watching the long grass below. I hated to interrupt dinner, but couldn't resist slowing to take the photo from my moving car. I got one shot of the bird still on the post, then this one.
- Gear: Nikon D300, 70-200 f2.8 VR
This Photo Has Been Viewed 160 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!