Fireline, El Capitan, Yosemite Np
- Title: Fireline, El Capitan, Yosemite Np
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Brief Directions: This area is located a short distance off Northside drive in Yosemite NP.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: A week of snow storms had just pasted thought Yosemite and the park was white with beautiful snow. I decided to head up for a day trip to capture a few images and do a little scouting for a workshop I was teaching the following week. The entire day Yosemite Valley was filled with the sound of thunder as large pieces of ice broke off the face of El Capitan and trees fell with the overbearing weight of a weeks accumulation of snowfall.
I scouted a two locations as possible sunset possibilities but when the time came I found both of them too crowed with the hoards of fellow photographers that flocked to the valley with the visions of fresh snowfall dancing in their heads. Almost giving up I decided to make one last circle around the valley and remembered a small break in the trees that I had saw earlier in the day and decided to head back there now and see what it looked like.
As soon as I got to the area the scene opened up in front of me and I couldn't have been happier that I was crowded out of the other two locations. I flattened out some snow, set up my tripod and starting to compose my images.
- Gear: Mamiya M645, Mamiya 55mm Lens, Fuji Velvia 100 color film, Cokin 2-Stop graduated ND filter, Circular Polarizing Filter, Manfrotto tripod and head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 229 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!