Black Hills Storm Rise
- Title: Black Hills Storm Rise
- State/Province/Region: South Dakota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Custer State Park
- Nearest Town: Custer
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Large, powerful storms can be nearly a daily occurrence during the summer months on the South Dakota plains.
This one became very mysterious as dark blue clouds filled the sky and distant thunder shook the ground. Lightning flashed wildly across the horizon and it seemed as if two worlds were colliding.
I took this shot and raced to my campground to set up my tent in the pounding rain.
- Gear: Nikon D300 18-200mm @ 18mm, Handheld.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 261 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!