Spiral Jetty Great Salt Lake
- Title: Spiral Jetty Great Salt Lake
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Salt Lake Desert
- Nearest Town: Brigham City, Utah
- Brief Directions: This area is just north of the Golden Spike National Monument that is in Box Elder County, Utah. Go past the monument on a dirt jeep road for about 30 miles. The road is pretty rough. You will then need to walk about a half mile to get to the shore.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This is called the Spiral Jetty in the Northern part of the Great Salt Lake. The sand looks pink because it is really salt water that has dried on the beach. The brine shrimp that are in the lake give it the pinkish color.
- Gear: Canon Power Shot
This Photo Has Been Viewed 785 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!