Mono Lake Sunrise With Rabbitbrush And Tufa 3-11
- Title: Mono Lake Sunrise With Rabbitbrush And Tufa 3-11
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra Nevada mountain range
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: From Los Angeles, Hwy 14/395 North before Lee Vining, right on Hwy 120 and follow signs to South Tufa, then take the road to Navy Beach and then the dirt road East toward Simons Spring
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I camped out near Simons Spring and awoke to this spectacular pink lenticular cloud. I was near a tufa formation I planned to capture if such a sky presented itself, so I did.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark 11, 17-40mm 1:4 L USM lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 137 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!