Mono Lake Tufa Formation Near Simons Spring With Waves 3-11
- Title: Mono Lake Tufa Formation Near Simons Spring With Waves 3-11
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra Nevade mountian range
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: From Los Angeles, Hwy 14/395 North, before Lee Vining, right on Hwy 120, follow signs to South Tufa, then to Navy Beach, then right on the dirt road East toward Simons Spring
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This tufa formation at the shore of Mono Lake near Simons Spring is one of my favorite on the lake. The color on the formation from the sunset was remarkable and the action of the waves crashing upon it made for a very nice image.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 17-40mm 1:4 L USM lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 148 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!