- Title: Heaven On Earth
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sausalito, CA
- Nearest Town: San Francisco, CA
- Brief Directions: Traveling South from Marin County: Follow US Highway 101 south across the Golden Gate Bridge. Have exact change ready to pay the appropriate toll, collected southbound only. Proceed through the far right toll lane #1, and make an immediate right exiting US Highway 101 just past the Toll Plaza onto Merchant Road. Make an immediate right onto a roadway that goes down a short hill and into an underpass which leads directly into the southeast side visitor parking lot.
Traveling North from San Francisco: Take a right at the last San Francisco exit off US Highway 101 just before the Toll Plaza. The exit ramp sign reads, "Golden Gate National Recreation Area View Area." Proceed to the stop sign and turn left into the southeast side visitor parking lot.
- GPS Longitude: -122.4183333
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Golden Gate Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Golden Gate, the opening of the San Francisco Bay into the Pacific Ocean. As part of both U.S. Route 101 and California State Route 1, it connects the city of San Francisco on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula to Marin County.
- Gear: 5DMK2 17-40L gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 447 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!