Mono Lake Sunset Dream
- Title: Mono Lake Sunset Dream
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono Lake
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Mono Lake is in California's Eastern Sierra region, between Mammoth Lakes and Lake Tahoe.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: For this shot I looked up the moon rise time to determine the day to shoot, then examined the compass direction it would rise in on a map to determine the best shooting position. I arrived at this spot with 5 minutes to spare, and only had to adjust my position a few feet to place the moon between the offshore tufa towers as it emerged from behind the hills on the horizon. This was taken a few minutes later as sunset color filled the sky.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, EF-70-200mm f/4.0 IS L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 718 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!