Where Winds Collide
- Title: Where Winds Collide
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley National Park
- Nearest Town: Stovepipe Wells
- Brief Directions: This is a special place which I only share with a few close friends and workshop participants.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This ridge of conflicting East and West forces stopped me in my tracks. I tried several compositions, and the horizontal orientation best highlighted the subtle forces pushing sand back and forth, grain by grain over thousands of years, until trillions of grains of sand reflect the cumulative effect in the ridgelines we see.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, EF-70-200mm f/4.0 IS L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 439 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!