Horses Under Sunset Rain Cloud
- Title: Horses Under Sunset Rain Cloud
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ship Rock
- Nearest Town: Farmington
- Brief Directions: Drive across New Mexico, see a storm cloud, drive until it's between you and the setting sun!
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Horses enjoy the cool evening temperatures as the last sliver of the sun sets behind a thundercloud in New Mexico.
Horses enjoy the cool evening temperatures as the last sliver of the sun sets behind a thundercloud in New Mexico.
I was driving in occasional light rain, disappointed that it would be sunset soon but there appeared to be nothing particularly interesting to photograph. Heading for a landmark on the map, I saw this cloud to the south and I navigated to place it where the sun would be behind it when (if) it hit that opening on the horizon. I was a couple of hundred yards back and to the right of this position when I saw the horses. I ran here and fired off a couple of shots through a barbed wire fence before they rapidly moved off to the left and the moment was gone.
- Gear: Canon Digital Rebel XTi, EF-S 18-55mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 424 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!