The Milky Way Shines Through
- Title: The Milky Way Shines Through
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kissimmiee Prairie Preserve State Park
- Nearest Town: Okeechobee
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Florida is a difficult place to admire the night sky. The humid air provides less than ideal visibility, and rampant light pollution along the coasts hides all but the brightest objects. Yet a few special areas still show us the heavens as they are meant to be seen. Early in the morning, the night storm clouds had parted and the Milky Way shone down on the prairie. And yet even here the ever-brightening glow of light pollution rises from the horizon. How long will the Milky Way remain visible? Take a small step and ensure that outdoor lights are only on when necessary, and shine most of their light downward (instead of in all directions like a globe lamp).
- Gear: Canon 5D MII, 17-40mm lens, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 454 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!