Frosty Helen Hunt Falls
- Title: Frosty Helen Hunt Falls
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Helen Hunt Falls
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Take S. Nevada to E.Cheyenne Blvd and take a right. Go 2 1/2 miles to S. Cheyenne Canyon Rd. Go approx. 1 mile to Seven Falls.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: There was a cold snap and lots of moisture in the air the night before, which produced rime frost on everything. I got up for sunrise and went to Helen Hunt Falls to photograph the frosty wonderland. The challenge was to photograph quickly after the sun came up because the frost started to melt once the sun hit it. Helen Hunt Falls was particularly beautiful surrounded by frosted bushes and ice forming down the rocks.
- Gear: Nikon D300, AF Nikkor 24-85mm 1:2.8-4D with lens hood, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 308 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!