Sandhill Cranes Take Flight
- Title: Sandhill Cranes Take Flight
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Monte Vista
- Brief Directions: Take I-25 to 160West to Monte Vista. Turn left on CO hwy 15, go 6 miles to the Wildlife Refuge.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Every year the Sandhill Cranes migrate from New Mexico and stop at the Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge in March to refuel for the next leg of their migration to Yellowstone National Park. There are thousands of cranes that visit this marshy area and when they take flight it is a magical sight and quite breathtaking with the mountains as a backdrop.
- Gear: Nikon D300, AF VR-Nikkor 80-400mm 1:4.5-5.6D with lens hood, UV filter, Monfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 498 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!