Sun Bursts Over The Rim
- Title: Sun Bursts Over The Rim
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Tusayan
- Brief Directions: From Flagstaff take 180 North to Grand Canyon National Park. Mather Point is on the south rim and one of the first ones near the visitor center.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This was my first time visiting the Grand Canyon and I had arrived very late the night before. I went to Mather Point for sunrise, not knowing how crowded it would get. I wanted to take a unique perspective from this point, since it is the most visited point on the South Rim. As the sun came over the rim it burst through the rock formations and gave me drama and perspective I was looking for.
- Gear: Nikon D300, AF Nikkor 24-80mm 1:2.8-4D with lens hood, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 395 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!