- Title: Misty Morning
- State/Province/Region: New York
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Nawahanta and Silver Mine Lake
- Nearest Town: Sloatsburg, NY
- Brief Directions: The Harriman State Park is located about 30 miles north of NYC, easily accessible by highways, parkways or county roads. My way of going is through Sloatsburg, New York. Make right at light Seven Springs Road, go straight through Kanawauke circle, then straight through Tiorati circle, about 2-3 miles on your left will be a small lake, this is the one. Parking up ahead about 1/4 mile on right at Silver Mine Lake. Also accessible from Palisades Parkway and local roads that go through the park. Park is open all year.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Mid October, first frost of the season, mist coming off the water, sun coming up casting shadows through the mist. Lake Nawahanta is one of the smaller lakes.
- Gear: Canon 50d, 18-200, circular polarizer, cable relase, Manfrotto tripod and head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1157 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!