- Title: Red Leaf
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mouth of Swan River
- Nearest Town: Bigfork
- Brief Directions: The Swan River empties into Flathead Lake at Bigfork, Montana.
From Bigfork just head East along the river then turn South on Hwy. 83 and follow it to Swan Lake. Above the lake it continues on for about 25 to 30 to the head waters. To the West & East are the Mission Mountain Wilderness area and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. It doesn't get any better then that.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: One late October day I was out shooting the fall colors along the Swan River in Northwest Montana. A pretty good rain storm just went through the valley so all the vegetation had moisture on it. That's not a bad thing as I saw it. I came across this BarBerry bush that was a beautiful orange, if that's what you'd call it. There was a leaf from I believe a maple tree that had settled in the middle of the bush. So I proceeded to compose some shots of the leaf in the BarBerry bush.
- Gear: Nikon D3/28-70mm f2.8 Nikkor Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 187 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!