- Title: Autumn Arrangement
- State/Province/Region: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hocking Hills State Park
- Nearest Town: Logan
- Brief Directions: South of Columbus, Ohio on State Route 33, one hour to Logan, Ohio. Take exit for 364 into Hocking Hills State Park. Before Old Man's Cave take 374. About a half mile past the Inn at Cedar Falls, on the left, will be Ilesboro Road.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This scene was discovered along my favorite road in Hocking Hills for rolling, rural landscapes. This is along Ilesboro Road in Hocking Hills State Park. I photographed this scene using a 70-200mm, at 200mm. I wanted to frame and isolate the elements that I found to be most visually appealing. The fence situated on the slight hill provided just enough of an additional element to break the color and provide perspective. This was taken just after sunrise, when the angled light of October at that time of day is a bit for subtle on the subject, preventing overblown highlights. I did some softening of the colors in Nik Color Efex Pro, adding a bit more to the autumn glow of the red in the scene.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 70-200mm f4 IS L lens, Bogen 3021 tripod, Kirk ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 544 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!