- Title: Newton Rock Twilight
- State/Province/Region: Rhode Island
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Narragansett
- Brief Directions: End of Newton Ave, in Narragansett, Rhode Island.
- GPS Longitude: 71.453162
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Newton Rocks lies at the end of Newton Ave, in Narragansett, Rhode Island. Along with Hazard Rocks just up the shoreline, this is one of my favorite places to shoot, due to the variety of compositions and the way the place constantly changes due to the ocean. This shot was taken during morning twilight, prior to sunrise. Using an exposure of 136 seconds with bulb exposure, and a combination of neutral density filters, I was able to get the cloud movement through the shot, and add motion to the scene. The water is an effect of the long shutter speed, and high sea state.
- Gear: Pentax K7, Pentax SMC-DA* 16-50 f/2.8 lens, 2 stop Soft Edge Grad ND, 2 stop solid ND, Tripod, Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 336 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!