A Sense Of Solitude
- Title: A Sense Of Solitude
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grayson Highlands
- Nearest Town: Whitetop
- Brief Directions: Exit 35 of Route 81 in Virginia. Follow Whitetop Road to Route 58. Make left on Route and follow to the entrace to Grayson Highlands State Park. Hike Appalachian Trail 4 miles to the trail to the top of Mt Rogers
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I was filled with awe as I walked through this forest. There was total silence, water dripped from the trees, and tendrils of fog wound their way through the forest.
This trail leads from the Appalachian Trail to the top of Mount Rogers, the highest point in Virginia at 5729 feet.
- Gear: Canon Mark III
This Photo Has Been Viewed 298 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!