- Title: Field Of Gold
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Roan Mountain
- Nearest Town: Roan Mountain, TN
- Brief Directions: Route 19 south from Elizabethton, TN. In the town of Roan Mountain make a right onto Route 147. At the border of TN/NC park in the Carvers Gap Parking lot. Follow the Appalachain Trail to the top of Round Bald
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: At the end of a fall day the Roan Mountain goldenrod (Solidago roanensis Porter) glows in the early evening light where it covers the slope of Round Bald. Round Bald is in the Roan Mountain Highlands on the Tennessee / North Carolina border.
Various species of goldenrod grow near the Appalachian Trail as it winds its way up and over Round Bald at an elevation of 5826’.
- Gear: Canon Mark III
This Photo Has Been Viewed 273 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!