- Title: Winter In The Garden
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden Of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Colorado Springs was founded by General William Jackson Palmer in 1871. Charles Elliot Perkins purchased the Garden of the Gods in 1879. He opened the Garden of the Gods to the public so all could enjoy. At his death in 1907 he deeded the land to the City of Colorado Springs with the stipulation that it be a city park and be free to the public. The park officially opened in 1909. The Garden of the Gods celebrated its 100th year as a city park on October 17, 2009.
- GPS Longitude: -104.872088
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Panoramic of Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak
- Gear: Nikon D80 , Nikon 16-85mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 204 times
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!