Galatin River In Black Canyon National Prk In Colorado
- Title: Galatin River In Black Canyon National Prk In Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Juan County
- Nearest Town: Montrose
- Brief Directions: Montrose, CO. is only a few miles from the park. There is an entry to the park that takes you to the southern or northern side of the canyon. The southern paved road has a large collection of bushes and plants in the fall and attractive rock collections in addition to a reasonable number of lookouts with a short walk to view the river. I found that a day with no sun, when this image was taken was far better than bright sun as the canyon is narrow and very deep which complicates the light.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Gallatin river at this point in its gorge is desribed by some as deeper than the Grand Canyon. On an autumn day the view down the canyon is enhanced by the many bushes and plants that have turned into their red, yellow and other colors.
- Gear: Nikon D200, @4-70 Nikkor lens, Gitzo Tripod, Kirk ball head, Nikon reomote release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 502 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!