Hdr Florida Thunderstorm
- Title: Hdr Florida Thunderstorm
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Orlando
- Nearest Town: Titusville
- Brief Directions: From Interstate 95 in Central Florida, take Exit #220 east across the Indian River Lagoon onto the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. Numerous trails for vehicles and hikers alike.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: If you are coming for birds, come in the winter. If you are coming for storms, snakes, and alligators, come in the summer! The intense heat that builds up during a hot Florida summer day often releases itself in the afternoon and evening hours with selective downpours. Out photographing in the latter part of the day and hoping for storms, the last light after sunset illuminated this rapidly moving cell coming west off of the ocean. A slower exposure caught the movement of the storm, and allowed the lightning strikes inside the clouds to throw all kinds of colors. The faint light of the foreground and the light bouncing inside the cloud were both accentuated by processing the single image in Photomatix as a pseudo-HDR.
- Gear: Canon EOS 40D, 17-85mm IS USM @ 17mm, f/16, 1/3 second, ISO 100
This Photo Has Been Viewed 287 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!