- Title: Crater Lake Blue's
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Crater Lake National Park
- Nearest Town: Chiloquin, OR. and Klamath Falls, OR.
- Brief Directions: From Klamath Falls, OR. take Hwy 97 North to Hwy 62 North. Hwy 62 NO. is also Crater Lake Hwy. Then turn right or north on to Crater Creek Road. This takes you to the Rim Drive. This is Closed in the winter.
- GPS Longitude: 122.12
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Crater Lake is one of the most Beautiful Places I've ever been to. I have been lucky enough to see it twice in my life. Once at 10 yrs old and again at 53 years. After 40 years have passed it is still tranquil blue and an awesome sight to see. I hope I can make it back again someday. The deep blue waters were created by a volcano many moons ago. The island in the lake is also a volcano, named Wizard Island. The lake is 6 miles across, and the cliffs are a mile straight down the side. The only way down to the water is to walk the mile trail down and up.
- Gear: Nikon D90, 18-105 mm Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 342 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!