Snow Monkey Of Japan: Macaque
- Title: Snow Monkey Of Japan: Macaque
- Country: Japan
- Nearest Area: Located on the Yokoyu River, four hours from Tokyo.
- Nearest Town: Nagano
- Brief Directions: The Snow Monkeys of Japan live in Jigokudani Yaenkoen (Hell Valley Wild Monkey Park) located in the mountains of Nagano. Nagano is approximately 4 hours from Tokyo.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This picture is of an adult Japanese Macaque Monkey. Every few hours a park employee feeds these animals grains. This monkey is in the process of picking grain out of the snow.
What drew me to him was his location, below a water fall, the snow falling and sticking on his head, his color, and most important, his crippled left arm.
- Gear: Nikon D3, Nikor300mm, f2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 443 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!