- Title: Surf's Up
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Wilder Ranch State Park
- Nearest Town: Santa Cruz
- Brief Directions: This beach is about 3 miles north of Santa Cruz.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On March 11th the front of a major storm system hit Santa Cruz and brought a wonderfully-textured pink and purple sunset with it. I hit the beach looking for waves but never imagined I would find one carved naturally in the sand. When I shoot seascapes I'm always trying capture the waves and their motion in the most interesting way possible. Rarely do I get a chance to express that goal with such a great visual metaphor. When I saw this sand wave on the beach I laughed out loud. After all, could there be a more absurdly perfect subject for a seascaper?
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee soft GND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 185 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!