- Title: Day After Day
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: From Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite, hike to the top of Pothole Dome to find this view.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Sierra high country is timeless. These granite mountains, these meadows, and even this tree sentinel have been here longer than I've been alive and will be here much longer after I am gone. They stand day after day, month after month, year after year. Not waiting for anything, not expecting anything. No deadlines, no schedules, no Mondays, Wednesdays, or Saturdays.
If you spend enough time in the mountains, you begin to tap into that endless cycle. The feeling of having to do something slips away, along with pressures, schedules, and responsibilities. I don't know anything quite so pacifying and relieving as connecting with the stillness of the mountains.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Induro Tripod, Acratech Ballhead, Lee soft GND filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 202 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!